Styling my natural hair to go out is always a struggle for me so this DIY braid crown is literally a life saver. I am the most lazy and confused person when it comes to my hair.
So it’s a no brainer that I’m down for anything to make my life easier hence this easy DIY braid crown.
Many other naturalistas can testify to the struggle that comes with being natural. After my friends saw me with this particular hairdo, they kept asking how I achieved it, Torera was actually my inspiration to try this out.
This tutorial right here is one of many other DIY hairstyles out there like the DIY ponytail ! And it’s so easy too.
What you will need
- An elastic band
- Hair gel (Ecostyler gel or any other gel)
- Hair attachment (one pack will do)
- Bobby pins
Let’s get right into it
– First of all I always like laying down my hair with some gel into a bun at the back before I get to braiding the hair extension.
You can use the Eco styler gel or the regular gel to lay down your hair. I like a middle parting too I go right ahead and do that too.
– I then use a scarf to tie my head so my hair lays flat enough.
– Cutting the braid extension into half, depending on the length of the one you are using. With mine I just removed a little bit of it from the mother bundle, without cutting.
– Next you need to tie an elastic band at the center of the attachment so the attachment can be easily braided: this also helps to wrap your bun with ease.
– Go right ahead and braid your attachment till you get to the end. Then using a rubber band, wrap the edges so they don’t loose.
– After braiding the attachment; using the elastic band which was used earlier, wrap and secure it around your bun. Then wrap the length of the attachment round your head and there you have it!
– Next I use Bobby pins to secure the attachment to my head. This way it doesn’t move.
There you go!
You can use this hairdo the next day as well. All you need to do is take down the braid crown at the end of the day and stick it back on the next day.
Don’t forget to tie a scarf before going to bed too.
This right here has become one of my go to style routines and I love the fact that I can keep the braided attachment and reuse after a while.
Thanks for reading loves, until next time
Did you find this easy to grasp?Are you going to try it out? What’s your go to hair style? Let me know in the comment section below