I love the versatility of having a pair of slides; One minute I’m wearing it like what it actually is and the next I’m rocking it as a cool pair of gladiator sandals.
I’m going to be sharing with you guys how to make gladiator sandals using flip flops. It’s super easy anyone can pull it off.
What you will need
- A pair of flip flops
- A long scarf
*shout out to silhouettes appearing in pictures..smh*
What To Do
First of all you need to make sure your scarf is long enough to go the length of the flip flops and then some to tie it.
- Divide your scarf into two equal parts for both sides of your flip flops.
- Fold your scarf so you have a loop on one end and pass it underneath the ropes of your flip flop.
- Make a loop and tie it.
- Taking one side of the scarf, pass it underneath one side of the flip flop and wrap through its length. Do same for the other side till you get to the end.
How To Wear It
- Wear the flip flops; and using both sides of the scarf, do a cross cross underneath your feet and do another on your heels.
- Take it to the front of your leg and do another cross cross, then tie it at the side of your leg.
There you have a cool pair of gladiator sandals. This will make for a good wear at the beach with a maxi gown or bum shorts; but can also be incorporated into some other casual outfits which is what I have been doing.
*a not so clear picture of me wearing them*
What I love the most about this DIY Gladiator Sandals is the fact that I can take a pair of random flip flops and transform into a countless supply of gladiator sandals using other colored scarfs.
P.S. Please don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any posts. Thank you
Hope this was super easy to understand.
Is this a DIY you think you can try making sometime? Tag me if you do ☺️
Until next time, thanks for reading loves